At the first year, all papers are common for B.Com & B.Com(Hons) and the choice of programme is to be made at the end of Semester II i.e. before the student begins his/her second year of undergraduate studies. The final programme structure & syllabi will be displayed once finalized by the Goa University.
The B.Com students are the mainstay of the College making up almost 75% of the student strength. In academics the College offers students all the elective papers at all three years, giving them ample choice. Subject allocation is based on objective criteria and is done in a completely transparent manner.
The College has produced Goa University rankers almost every year in the past 10 years and will continue to do so in the future as well. The students of the College study hard and play hard as well — they participate wholeheartedly in NCC, NSS, sports and a variety of co-curricular activities and have also developed leadership skills by organizing all College-level and inter-collegiate events. Winning prizes and awards in academics, sports and cultural activities is second nature to our talented B.Com students.
Besides the normal co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, the College also takes pains to augment students’ skills so as to improve their employability. Towards this end, we provide the students with training in Soft Skills, Tally, Financial Planning, Practical Banking and other add on courses.
The Career and Placement Cell has been successful in placing students with banks, financial institutions, non-voice BPO firms and private sector organizations for marketing and accounting jobs.
No. of Seats: 240 (4 divisions of 60 each)
A. For being eligible for admission to the First Year of the Three Year Integrated Course leading to the Degree of B.Com from Goa University, a candidate must have passed
i) Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) Examination conducted by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (henceforth referred to as Goa Board) in the Commerce Stream
(ii) Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) Examination in Vocational Stream conducted by the Goa Board in the subjects notified by Goa University
(iii) The Std. XII (Commerce) or similar examination of another body equivalent to the Goa Board and recognized as such by Goa University.
(iv) Such students must obtain a Provisional Eligibility Certificate (on payment of Eligibility Fee of Rs.200/-) from Goa University at the time of seeking admission (the eligibility fee for foreign students is US$ 50, payable at Goa University). They must also produce a Final Eligibility Certificate from the Goa University, before appearing for the examination, failing which their results will be withheld.
B. A candidate not covered under any of the above three categories, but desirous of seeking admission to First Year B.Com may apply to the College. However, the Registrar of Goa University along with the Dean of the Faculty of Commerce and Chairperson of the Board of Studies in Commerce (Undergraduate) shall decide the eligibility.
C. A candidate admitted for Semester I shall be deemed eligible for admission to Semester II.
D. A candidate migrating from another University and desirous of direct admission to Semester II may be considered for admission provided he/she has passed the First Term/Semester I examination of that University with those subjects for which admission is sought and undertakes to successfully complete the other compulsory papers of Semester-I.
Fees Particulars FYBcom SYBcom TYBcom Tuition Fees Ist & IInd Term 1530 1450 1350 Registration Fees 580 0 0 Library Fees 470 400 400 Gymkhana Fees/Sports Aff. Fee 420 400 250 Other Fees 420 400 200 Student Aid Fund 130 120 100 Library Deposit 70 0 0 Coution Money Deposit 70 0 0 Computer Lab Fees 240 230 0 University Administration Fees 0 0 0 Development Fees 0 0 0 Information Technology Fees 820 0 0 College Internal Exam Fees 2370 2160 0 Parents Teachers Association 100 100 100 Total Fees : 7220 5260 2400
IMPORTANT: THE FEE STRUCTURE IS PURELY TENTATIVE AND IS LIKELY TO CHANGE BASED ON THE FEES ANNOUNCED BY GOA UNIVERSITY / GOVERNMENT OF GOA.
ALL RULES RELATING TO REFUND OF FEES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COLLEGE WEBSITE.
Starting 2018-19, a B.Com graduate has to complete a total of 132 credits inorder to earn a B.Com degree.
The 3-year Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree programme has two semesters at each year. The course structure is outlined below. In the case of any non-compulsory paper, or wherever the student is offered a choice of papers, the subject chosen at Semesters I/III/V will continue at Semesters II/IV/VI.
B Com Semester I courses B Com Semester II CATEGORY Course / paper CATEGORY PAPER CC 1 General Management CC 5 Introduction to Marketing CC 2 Financial Accounting CC 6 Financial Statement Analysis & Interpretation CC 3 Micro Economics CC 7 Managerial Economics CC 4 Commercial Arithmetic I CC 8 Commercial Arithmetic II AECC 1 Spoken English AECC 3 Business Communication AECC 2 Environmental Studies I AECC 4 Environmental Studies II GE 1 GENERIC ELECTIVE
Choose any one
GE 2 GENERIC ELECTIVE ( Choose any one)
- Principles of Insurance
- Marketing Management
- Banking I
- Management of Micro,
Small and Medium
- Computer Applications
- Practice of Insurance
- Services Marketing
- Banking –II
- Production Management
- Tourism and Hospitality
1. The College conducts the First Year and Second Year B.Com Examinations on behalf of Goa University. The Third Year B.Com examinations are conducted by Goa University.
2. The Academic Year consists of two semesters: Odd Semester (Semesters I, III & V) and Even Semester (Semesters II, IV & VI).
3. There are two modes of evaluation of the academic performance of students, viz. the Intra- Semester Evaluation (ISA) and the Semester-End Examination (SEE).
4. At each semester, every paper of 100 marks (except the Project paper at TY B.Com) has an ISA component of 20 marks and every paper of 50 marks has an ISA component of 10 marks.
At the end of each semester, there will be one 80-marks examination of 120 minutes duration for each 100-marks paper in the semester and one 40-marks examination of 90 minutes duration for each 50-marks paper in the semester. This is called the Semester- End Examination (SEE).
5. A STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO APPEAR FOR BOTH COMPONENTS – ISA & SEE. IN OTHER WORDS ATTENDANCE AT ALL EXAMINATIONS & TESTS IS COMPULSORY. A STUDENT WHO DOES NOT APPEAR FOR A MINIMUM OF TWO ISAs WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO APPEAR FOR THE SEMESTER-END EXAMINATION IN THAT PAPER.
6. The ISAs will be conducted during the semester by using modes of evaluation such as objective/written tests, assignments, orals, classroom quizzes, seminars, presentations, etc. Students will be assessed twice in ISA, with each assessment carrying 10 marks.
7. The SEE for Semesters V & VI of TY B.Com will be conducted by Goa University.
STANDARD OF PASSING, CLASS & GRACING
- Standard of Passing at FY, SY & TY B.Com Examinations:
a) To pass the Examination a candidate must obtain a minimum of 40% marks in SEE and ISA components taken together for each paper.
b) There is no separate passing for the ISA or SEE component.
c) At the end of each year after the declaration of the even semester results, there will be a special examination (after 15 days from the declaration of the result) to provide an opportunity for students to appear for the backlog papers of Semesters I to IV.
d) To be eligible for admission to TY B.Com, a student must have passed all the papers of Semesters I, II, III & IV.
- The following will be the system for awarding grades for each paper/course.
Letter Grade Grade Point Marks % O (Outstanding) 10 85 – 100 A+(Excellent) 9 75 – <85 A (Very Good) 8 65 – <75 B+(Good) 7 55 – <65 B (Above Average) 6 50 – <55 C (Average) 5 45 – <50 P (Pass) 4 40 – <45 F (Fail) 0 0 – <40 Ab (Absent) 0 —
- Gracing: Gracing at the FY & SY B.Com examinations shall be done as per the relevant Ordinances of Goa University.
- Improvement of Performance: There is no provision for improvement of performance at Semesters I, II, III and IV.
This provision is available only in the case of Semesters V & VI. A student wishing to improve his/her performance at these two semesters will be permitted to reappear only during the immediately subsequent regular Semester V & Semester VI examination. However such a candidate will be allowed to appear only in the SEE component of the papers of Semester V and/or Semester VI examinations excluding the Project paper. The marks secured at the first appearance in the project paper as also in the ISA component of the other papers, will be carried forward for tabulation of the result under “improvement of performance”. The performance of a candidate who appears under this provision, but fails to improve, will be ignored. A candidate can appear only once under this clause.
REVALUATION & PERSONAL VERIFICATION OF MARKS
There shall be no revaluation of answer books at FY/SY B.Com Semesters I to IV Examinations.
However, facility for the Personal Verification of answer books for each examination shall be available to FY and SY B.Com students for Semesters I to IV. Personal verification of marks shall be carried out by the candidate in the presence of the Principal/Vice-Principal and the concerned examiner, provided he/she applies for the same within one week from the declaration of results along with the prescribed fee of Rs.100/- per paper. The procedure for personal verification of marks is as follows:
1. On a notified day and time (which should not be later than 10 days after the receipt of application from the candidate) the candidate will be shown the answer book in the chamber of the Principal/Vice Principal and in the presence of the Examiner concerned.
2. If the candidate is not satisfied with the results on Personal Verification of the answer book, he/she may apply to College Grievance Committee within a week.
3. The Grievance Committee shall take appropriate action as per Ordinance O.47.23 and inform the candidate accordingly.
An unsuccessful candidate who obtains the minimum percentage of marks prescribed for passing in a paper shall be exempted from reappearing in that paper. He/she shall be declared to have passed the full examination on his/her passing in the remaining paper(s).
- Standard of Passing at FY, SY & TY B.Com Examinations: